It is commonly said that the “Day Tripper” is the least prepared! Is that you?
This course is for you if:
- You take Standard First Aid at work but just want to refresh your skills OUTDOORS
- You do not have time / funds to take the full 20hr Certification Course
- You want to do some learning with your children / teens / spouse / parents
- You just want a great refresher and to learn some new skills
- Choking – because everyone eats when they are outdoors!
- Bleeding management – when bandaids won’t work!
- Improvised slings using what you have like clothing
- Arm splints – improvised using what you have
- Rolls & Recovery positions – for when they just won’t/can’t get up
- Q & A student choice
Our Class is OUTDOORS!
We take great pride in using our outdoor classroom places to enhance the content of the Wilderness First Aid program. Every minute spent outdoors adds real life value to the content. This varies on location and the weather. This course will be OUTSIDE. There will be no indoor option for this course. Only unsafe weather (storms) will cancel this course, however all day rain may change our location of choice and duration.
What to Bring?
We also ask that each participant bring a “day pack” that would be similar to what you would carry on a day trip or work trip outdoors so that you can use items you would likely have with you. There is no wrong way to do anything when you are improvising.
- A detailed WHAT TO BRING list will be sent to course participants upon registration and closer to the course date.
- Students must bring their own needs for the day: food, water, sunscreen, bug spray, clothing, camp chair, etc.
There are no pre-requisites to this class. Having “first aid training” prior to the class allows students to build upon their current foundation but the content is appropriate for anyone.